Salisbury Stormwater Management Support
In 2016, the City of Salisbury selected GMB to assist with stormwater project planning and design, construction administration and inspection, grant writing, and permit compliance associated with the City of Salisbury’s portions of the Wicomico County Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP).
- Storm Drain Inlet Insert Inventory: Provided GIS location and condition data to the City for storm drain inserts previously installed and assisted in developing a strategy for installations in the next fiscal year.
- Merritt Mill SWM Concept: Provided a stormwater management concept for the area along Merritt Mill Road in front of the Merritt Mill Condominium office complex.
- Main St. Storm Drainage Study: Provided a stormwater analysis and design for the area along East Main Street just east of Route 13. Verified and updated GIS data for the existing storm drain system. The intent of the work was to relieve ponding in the roadway and in front of businesses in the area.
- Forest Avenue Drainage Study: Provided an analysis concerning the circumstances related to a storm drain overflow and subsequent slope failure at the residence at 427 Forest Lane.
- Kiley Drive Drainage Study: Provided an analysis of the storm drainage and stormwater management facilities in the vicinity of Cadista Pharmaceuticals utilizing existing GIS data and field investigation.
- Community Resiliency Grant Application: Prepared Community Resiliency Grant Application
- Mill Pond Village Drainage Study: Provided an analysis of the storm drainage and stormwater management facilities in the vicinity of the Mill Pond Village Apartments.
- Northwood Drive Drainage Study: Provided an analysis of the storm drainage system near the intersection of Northwood Drive and Columbia Drive.
- Main Street Water Quality Evaluation: GMB assisted the City in calculating the amount of impervious area treatment credits that could be obtained from the improvements included in the recent Main Street Reconstruction Project.