The Oaks at Georgetown
GMB provided planning and engineering services for a mixed-unit development located on 95.8 acres in the Town of Georgetown. The development, initiated by Anderson Homes, LLC, consists of 539 residential units and a community clubhouse. A system of roads, sidewalks, and designated parking areas will serve the proposed development. The clubhouse includes a pool, playground, recreation field, and a multipurpose building. The development will necessitate the construction of an on-site stormwater management pond, as well as a floodplain/meadow stormwater area adjacent to the existing tax ditch.
GMB’s scope of work included:
- Coordination with Delaware Office of State Planning
- Coordination of topographic survey
- Sanitary sewer design
- Water system design
- Stormwater management & erosion / sediment control design
- Tax ditch court order change through DNREC
- Roads design
- DelDOT entrance design for two access points
- Coordination of wetlands permit
- Planning and Zoning submittal for Concept Plan and Preliminary Site Plan
- Town Council submittal for Final Site Plan
The development was designed in accordance with the Town of Georgetown’s design standards.
GMB is currently working with the new Owner on the second phase of the project, including revisions to the land plan and coordination of necessary permitting processes.