Consultant Services for Water & Wastewater Facilities – Engineering Design Services (WWFEDS)
Tasks under this On-Call project include water and wastewater facilities engineering design and planning services on an as-needed basis. Typical project assignments include engineering services related to the design and construction of new facilities, or modifications to existing facilities, including pumping stations, storage facilities, pressure reducing valves, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems, water and wastewater pipelines and other improvements related to water, wastewater and reclaimed water systems. The work efforts can include preparation of a study, evaluation, and reports, development of water and wastewater computer models, modeling efforts, and programs, preparation of a design including surveying, geo-technical investigation, and drafting services, preparation of land acquisition documents, preparation of construction documents including plans and specifications, preparation of cost estimates, preparation of permit applications and exhibits, review of construction documents, construction stakeout and preparation of as-built drawings, shop drawing review, review of engineering plans and specifications prepared by others, construction consultation services, development and preparation of water/wastewater master plan program and reports, development and preparation of water/wastewater allocation program and reports and development of reclaimed water standards. Should work be required on an urgent basis, a telephone call from the County authorizes the initiation of the work.
We have completed numerous tasks under this project including:
- Developed procedures to establish existing water and wastewater flows.
- Developed methodology to derive the amount of reserved wastewater capacity.
- Evaluated and report on remaining wastewater allocation capacity semiannually.
- Compilation and development of a Capacity, Management, Operation and Maintenance (CMOM) program for sanitary sewer system.
- Scanned and digitized the water and sewer record drawings to the County’s existing digital plats.
- Evaluated conversion of County’s existing digital plats to GIS.
- Incorporated proposed development additions to the County’s established sanitary sewer system model.
- Analyzed sanitary sewer system model to identify impacts of proposed development additions.
We have been assigned the following list of tasks:
- Water & Sewer Allocation Reports: 2008 – 2021 semi-annual update of available water and sewer capacity.
- Water & Sewer Record Drawings: Digitization of as-built drawings for inclusion in County GIS.
- Sanitary Sewer Hydraulic Modeling for Coca-Cola Plant: Capacity assessment of proposed development of Coca-Cola property.
- Capacity, Management, Operation & Maintenance (CMOM): CMOM plan for the County sanitary sewer system.
- Sanitary Sewer Hydraulic Modeling for Oxford Property: Capacity assessment of proposed development of Oxford property.
- Nutrient Credit Study: Identification and tabulation of wastewater treatment facilities throughout the County to aid in evaluation of nutrient credit opportunities.
- Revised Sanitary Sewer Hydraulic Modeling for Oxford Property: Additional capacity assessment of proposed development of Oxford property.
- North Laurel Night-Time Flow Isolation: Field investigation for locating sources of infiltration into sanitary sewer.
- Sanitary Sewer Hydraulic Modeling of A & D: Assessment of entire existing system and development of future improvements to Year 2035 based on design events.
- Little Patuxent Interceptor Improvements Study: Preliminary engineering for rehabilitation of existing interceptor.
- Riverwood CSBR Design Review: Independent review of sewage treatment plant design.
- Reclaimed Water Master Plan: Development of reclaimed water system concept for inclusion in Master Plan.
- Sanitary Sewer Hydraulic Model Updates: Supplemental hydraulic modeling of current system and future improvements based on design events.
- Ashleigh Knolls SBR Design Review: Independent review of sewage treatment plant design.
- Little Patuxent Interceptor Improvements Design: Design of Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) lining and manhole rehabilitation.
- NPDES Permit Assistance: Technical and legal assistance for renewal of Little Patuxent Water Reclamation Plant NPDES permit.
- Kerger Pumping Station Modeling: Evaluation of existing dormant pumping station for possible reinstatement.