Laurel MS4 Master Stormwater Plan
GMB assisted the Town of Laurel, Delaware to comply with the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Stormwater Phase II Rule. This requires submitting a Notice of Intent (NOI) under Phase II MS4 General Permitting Program to receive an NPDES permit of authorization to discharge as an MS4 system.
Prior to submitting this application, the Town was required to take inventory and map the existing stormwater management infrastructure. GMB’s services under this effort included:
- Review Town provided as-builts and/or construction drawings of existing stormwater infrastructure and confirm locations in the field.
- Perform field investigation to track the existing stormwater infrastructure system consisting of outfalls, manholes, and catch basins for creating a master stormwater map and cataloguing the various pipe sizes and materials.
- Quantifying the amount of storm sewers, manholes, catch basins, outfalls, open ditches/tax ditches, retention basins, and detention basins.
- Identify potential sites for implementing future green stormwater management Best Management Practices (BMP’s).
- Provide map data in a shape file format to the State data plan.
- Provide two (2) copies of the final report, which will include a project description, master stormwater map, and a summary of the stormwater management infrastructure properties observed in the field., i.e. pipe material, size, etc.